- why ?
- cloth diapers
- diaper inserts
- change mats
And each time the strategically placed throw moves away from your pearl white couch, exposing "the stains"- say a lil prayer for the things that can be wiped clean.This new style of cloth wipe from Lil Helper has two layers. The top layer is the same bamboo material (80% cotton bamboo 20% polyester) found on our bamboo inserts. The bottom layer is the same material as the soft micro fleece found inside our cloth diaper shells. If you are familiar with Lil Helper products, theres are materials you know and love. Most importantly, both sides are super soft and perfect for baby's bum!
10 Uses for Cloth Wipes from Lil Helper
1. Washcloths (especially great for sensitive newborn skin): Terry cloth can be too rough for sensitive skin. The bamboo cotton and fleece we use offer a softer, gentler experience.
2. Stash em in the diaper bag: Kids are messy. Boogers, muddy puddles, a melty snack – any of these messy mishaps can happen anywhere. You never know when a sturdy cloth wipe (or 5) will come in handy. So stash some in the diaper bag for messy emergencies!
3. Tuck them behind/under/beside the high chair: Learning to eat is a VERY sloppy process. And if you use paper towel or wet wipes to clean up, it can be an expensive one too! Having a few cloth wipes nearby during mealtimes will make for easy & cost-efficient cleanup. Or, you could just get a dog…
4. Treat yo self!: I have a confession to make. I, Kate, Social Media Manager & blogger for Lil Helper cloth diapers, hoard Lil Helper cloth wipes… for myself. Yes. It’s true. I have a stash of wipes in my drawer in the bathroom that I use for face cloths. Sometimes I use them when washing/exfoliating my face but most of the time I use them to remove makeup. Your face will thank you and remember, it’s always important to…
5. Give them to friends: Whether your friends are interested in cloth diapering or not, cloth wipes are so versatile that they make a fantastic gift! Baby showers, 1st birthdays, 21st birthdays, 60th wedding anniversaries… or even when you see a parent who forgot wipes in a messy situation at the park.
6. Dishcloths: Cloth wipes are perfect for cleaning delicate dishes like wine glasses & china. Soft bamboo means no micro scratches or streaks.
7. Clean your glasses/screens: Having trouble reading this blog post? Yeeeah… you might need to give your glasses or screens a good wipe down. Lil Helper cloth wipes don’t get fuzzy so you can clean your glasses & screens without leaving any fibres behind!
8. Dust those shelves… yes… the top ones, too!: Add a little water get to dusting! The damp bamboo and fleece picks up dust and dirt easily. Just make sure you don’t forget the top shelves (I always do…)
9. Set up a baby doll changing station: If you have a child that LOVES taking care of their baby doll, they will go bananas if you set up a proper diaper changing station for them complete with cloth diapers & cloth wipes. When it’s time to potty train, add a mini potty in the mix too!
10. Family cloth: What is family cloth? Family Cloth = Reusable Toilet Paper. Family cloth is a fantastic way to save money & the planet – just like cloth diapers! Curious about how to get started with family cloth?
I love these new wipes, they are incredibly soft and just feel good in your hand. They are also the perfect size to fit in a wipe warmer or recycled plastic wipes container. Their cleaning ability is fantastic. I have 2 packs now and feel the urge to get some more very soon! Jennifer Johnson on 29th Oct 2017
These cloths are amazingly soft on the one side and just slightly rougher on the other side that's great for wiping!
I had to buy 4 packs so that I could snag a couple for myself! Unknown on 14th Sep 2017
We love these wipes and only use these wipes on our little! They are large enough that one (usually) does the trick and they are so soft on baby's bum! Vanessa on 20th Mar 2017
These are fabulous wipes received some to try and ordered more. They are great for face, hands, bottom, material is so nice and woollies don't stick to them like some other facecloths :)
Wish they came in another color in addition to the red ...then I could separate ones for bottom and ones for other. Great product!!! Unknown on 24th Feb 2017
I have to agree with a previous post that the red cloth wipes' dye seems to bleed however I stopped washing them with the diapers and use a separate wet bag for the used wipes. They do not bleed anymore and I actually prefer them to the white ones as the white ones stain easily. They also seem to be of better quality -to me. Washing the white wipes with oxi clean baby seems to help, that is the reason I stopped washing them with my diapers as oxi clean baby isn't a recommended detergent for lil helper diapers.
All in all I love their wipes but have a little preference for the darker fabric. Lyssa Chabot on 13th Jan 2017
I originally ordered additional cloth wipes because my son had a very nasty diaper rash that required prescription cream. We were using huggies natural wipes and it turned out they were burning his little bum. With the help of the cream and cloth wipes, his rash cleared up in 2 days. We now use a combo of Aleva ultra sensitive bamboo wipes (traveling) and the cloth wipes...no issues anymore!
We also use the cloth wipes for his face (he is an extremely messy bottle eater), as wash cloths for bath time, and anything else involving clean up on our baby. The cloth wipes clean well and are very soft to use. They have been a perfect solution for his sensitive skin!
We didn't have any issues with the red cloths staining or running in the wash. We washed them using cold water and the white Tide (for sensitive skin). Brianne Lardner on 20th Dec 2016
Love these soft wipes. We use some in the kitchen for hands and faces after meals and some in the nursery for bum wipes. My only wish is that they were patterned to hide some of the smoothie stains on the kitchen ones, but that's a minor quibble in something that is clearly well made. Unknown on 26th Oct 2016
We had purchased a couple day packs at the Toronto Baby Show in Spring 2016 which included lots of these cloths but were red fabric. Now that our little one is here and we've used the products, we've found that the red cloths' dye bleeds heavily, even after several washes/rinses. Since we wash all of the cloth diapering stuff together, the red cloths turned other things pink. Very disappointed - I've never had anything bleed colour for that long and I can't justify running an entire wash for 18 cloths.
That said, when we ordered more cloths, it seems they have changed to white, which makes a bit more sense but of course stains easily. Perhaps grey or beige would be more logical. Functionality - the cloths are soft and work well for gently wiping baby's bum with warm water. Just disappointed that we have about $40 worth of cloths that we can't use for their original purpose. Lyndsay on 30th Sep 2016
I was eager to order another round of cotton wipes for my second child as I have so loved the double play French terry wipes I purchased for my first child.
I was surprised when a new design of cloths arrived in the mail - thinner cotton, not French terry, red not white.
Though they are absolutely beautiful in color, shape and size - the red color did end up leaching into other clothes in the wash (beyond the first preparatory wash/dry for rinsing and shrinking); and the deep red color doesn't show (forgive the specifics) a clear wipe of a poo bum. Unlike a white cloth that is perfectly revealing of a finally clean bum, the red cloth is so dark that the subtle streaks aren't clearly visible, leaving me wondering, 'did I get it all?'
That being said:
Customer service and product quality are always 5+ stars with Lil Helper and I had been offered a partial refund for my order (when I first unpacked and discovered the cloths are no longer designed as they used to be - white, thick, double ply, French terry, cuddly soft). They are indeed lovely to look at, so I held onto them and gave them a try.
All in all, still dreaming of the cloths I bought when my first daughter was born two years ago - cloths that I still have, that are in perfect shape, even though I have lost a few along the way!
michelle on 22nd Feb 2016
I couldn't believe how nice they were when they arrived. I use these as wipes for my daughter's face/ bathtime. Unknown on 6th Oct 2014
These wipes are unbelievably soft and absorbent. I wish you guys made larger ones because I want to use them on myself!! I may still steal one from my daughter to use for my face. Shhh, don't let her know. Kim on 21st Jul 2014
I ordered the wipes for my son and I live them!! There super soft and it only takes ins to get the yucky poop!! The only thing I don't like is after one poop they stained :( but I guess that's part of this cloth world. Other than that I love them. I will def be using them for our next which is due in December!! Plus they sent a handwritten card and tea! Who does that?! I was very impressed. Nicole on 1st Apr 2014
Purchased these wipes thinking they would be the same as the original ones I have. Wipes are still great but they are not nearly as soft/plush as the others. Probably wouldn't have purchased if I had known they had changed. Overall, still decent. Brianne Rushing on 16th Mar 2014
We use these Lilhelper wipes for diaper changes and they've taken a beating at our house! They are high-quality wipes that do an excellent job cleaning up messes, even ones that warrant a bath. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more for my baby. Unknown on 14th Jan 2014
I have tried a lot of wipes in search of the perfect one. You can all stop searching because this is it! Line dries soft, larger than any other ones I have come across. Simply amazing. I use them for everything- nose wipes, cleanup after eating, and of course bum wipes! They are softer than a baby washcloth! Donna on 15th Nov 2013
These are by far the best baby wipes out there. I use them at bath time, as makeshift bibs, and for bum clean up. I like the two different surfaces it makes them so versitile Edyta Ireland on 12th Sep 2013
These wipes are so fantastic - far better than the many other brands I have in rotation. They are a generous size and the softest wipes ever. My only regret is I didn't have these for my first two children. Kristine Laing on 7th Aug 2013
We use cloth wipes, and have tried a bunch of different brands. We recently bought a wipes warmer, because we couldn't leave my daughter on the change table to go wet wipes anymore... and these wipes fit perfectly in the warmer, stay soft and absorbent, and are the perfect size. Having a different fabric on each side is fabulous for cleaning up different messes too. Highly recommended. I'm phasing out our other wipes, and replacing them all with these awesome bamboo wipes! Rachelle Rousseau on 2nd Jul 2013
I use these cloths in the bath because they're the softest cloths I've ever come across. Plus they're super thick so they're great for anything! Pei on 17th Apr 2013
Love Love these wipes. I use them on baby and also for my 10 yr old. They are super soft and absorbent. I am planning to buy more for myself. Genevieve on 8th Feb 2013